Communication networks, programming and services, including tele-education
Research in this area has being carried out in
- network management including wireless networking and QoS,
- multimedia communication systems,
- Internet Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), mobile systems and applications,
- autonomic/cognitive networking and future internet issues,
- context and location awareness and profile management,
- service/content management, adaptation and provision, and
- charging for mobile services.
In recent years, research has also focused on
- synchronous and asynchronous tele-education,
- real time education and teleconference systems, as well as
- VoIP and SIP systems.
Numerical analysis software, libraries and tools
In this area, we focus on the development of
- sound waves propagation models and integrated acoustic environments, and
- graphical multimodal user friendly interfaces for effective navigation through complex applications, decision making and info retrieval.